At Chair King® Backyard Store, it is our desire that all customers be completely satisfied with their purchase. The following information is provided to help you make the most of your furniture purchase. We appreciate your business and thank you for shopping at Chair King® Backyard Store.
1. What is your return and exchange policy?
We appreciate your business and want you to be satisfied with your purchase. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return or exchange it within seven days of receipt.
• No returns or exchanges are allowed after 7 days.
• All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by original receipt. All merchandise must be returned in original condition.
• Refunds will be issued as paid, except no cash refunds will be given. Check refunds on cash and check payments will be made no sooner than 10 days after deposit and issued from the corporate office.
• No returns or exchanges are allowed on a Lay-Away, Special Order, "As Is" merchandise, delivery charge, fabric protection or leather protection and no refunds will be issued.
2. What if I want my furniture delivered?
Our trained and professional delivery personnel are available to deliver your furniture directly to your home. Delivery charges are based upon your zip code as well as the number of items purchased. Our delivery charge includes inspection, assembly and setup of your furniture.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, it is not possible for us to provide an exact time of your delivery. Our Delivery Department will contact you the day before your scheduled delivery with a four-hour estimate of your delivery time. You may also leave special instructions for us to call you at a specified number 30 minutes to an hour prior to your delivery so that drivers can be met at your home.
If for any reason it is necessary for you to reschedule your delivery, please notify us as soon as possible. Failure to notify us of any changes, once the delivery has been confirmed, will result in an additional delivery charge.
All purchases must be paid in full prior to delivery or pick-up.
3. What if I would like to pick up my furniture?
Should you choose to waive the delivery option, you may pick up your furniture from our Distribution Center locations. Our personnel are available to assist you with loading your merchandise. However, we cannot be responsible for securing your merchandise or for damages that occur as a result of transportation. Please check your items carefully prior to leaving the pick-up area. Once you leave the pick-up area only the manufacturer's warranty applies. If your furniture requires any warranty work, you are responsible for the transportation of that item to our Service Department. Manufacturer's warranties do not cover local transportation. All Customer Pick-up merchandise is sold unassembled and in carton.
4. Do you have a lay-away plan?
• Because a considerable expense is incurred when we move merchandise from our inventory and reserve it, this agreement is not subject to cancellation.
• A 25% deposit is required with subsequent 25% monthly payments.
• Merchandise in lay-away will be held as long as three months, but at the end of that period, merchandise must be delivered.
• No refunds are issued on a defaulted Lay-Away.
• Delivery or pick-up may be made on 7 days notice.
5. What is the differrence between clearance and "as-is" merchandise?
Clearance items are those that we have decided to no longer carry or may have been discontinued by the manufacturer. They come out of our warehouse inventory and, despite the reduced price, should be free of defects or damages. They are fully covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
"As-Is" merchandise is just that – as is. Sold off the showroom floor, it is also at a reduced price. It is your responsibility to carefully inspect these items at the time of purchase. Chair King® is not responsible for any defects or damages. There are no cancellations or returns on Clearance or "As-Is" merchandise.
6. Can you tell me about your warranty and what part Chair King® Backyard Store plays as the seller?
Most merchandise sold by Chair King® Backyard Store comes with a limited warranty provided by the manufacturer of the merchandise. A copy of this warranty is available for inspection upon request prior to purchase. In most cases, Chair King® Backyard Store will act as agent for the manufacturer in making any warranty adjustments or processing any warranty claims. The customer should first contact Chair King® Backyard Store for information in the processing of any warranty claims. Please retain your original receipt for any warranty claims.
OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES GIVEN WITH THE MERCHANDISE. CHAIR KING® BACKYARD STORE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MERCHANDISE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. What if I want to order an item that you don't stock?
Many of the items on display in our stores are available as Special Order items. This means you may choose the finish or fabric to better suit your decorating needs. A deposit for merchandise to be Special Ordered is considered to be an expression of "Good Faith" by the Buyer. Based on this expression the merchandise is ordered and the deposit is not refundable. Subsequent payments made on the furniture are also not refundable. If, however, you wish to cancel this Special Order, we will make every effort to cancel with the factory. If we are able to do so, we will refund your deposit without charge for handling. It should be understood that a factory will not accept cancellations once the goods have been placed into production channels.
8. What do I do if there is a problem?
All merchandise, other than "As Is" items, should be free of defects or damages. However, despite our best efforts, problems may arise. Should you have any problems with your purchase, please call your sales person to schedule for a skilled service person to inspect and correct the problem to the manufacturer's standards. Most of the furniture we sell is covered by a manufacturer's warranty. Ask your sales person for the details of the warranty provided by the manufacturer for the items you selected. We are required by the manufacturer's warranty to make every effort possible to repair the merchandise to its original condition, using factory provided repair parts. If repair is not possible, it is up to the manufacturer to approve a replacement.